What is the benefit of FSTD Evaluation & Flight Simulator Appraisals?
- To obtain an independent, professional opinion of the present and future fair market value on an FSTD
- To provide the basis for decision-making in the commitment of funds for FSTD acquisition
- To provide persuasive, independent evidence of the condition (technical- & regulatory-wise) of an FSTD
- To obtain a professional opinion of the value on an FSTD to be refurbished or modified
- To distinguish sellers FSTD from others that may be listed for sale
- To assist a prospective purchaser in obtaining financing or insurance
- To assist a financial institution in substantiating the nature and value of the FSTD as it relates to collateral
- To assist a financial institution by supporting the loan portfolio for examination by the loan committee and/or bank examiner
- An appraisal should reduce the time required to sell/ purchase an FSTD
- To verify damage claims resulting from fire, accidents and other natural disasters
What not to do?
- We strongly recommend not to base your FSTD evaluation & appraisal on any outdated simulator valuation publications. Most sellers do base their assumptions on these publications but they do not reflect the current market situation and neglect state-of-the-art technology.
- Do not base your assumptions on manufacturer input alone as there might be other aspects and other opportunities for consideration.
What we provide?
An independent appraisal with an initial rough order of magnitude and/ or a range for current FSTD market value & preliminary facts as base for decision making:
- Fair market value
- Future fair market value
- Liquidation value
- Diminished value
- Replacement value
- General recommendations for or before purchase
FSTD Technical & Regulatory Evaluation
- Technical status of device (updates/ upgrades necessary?)
- Current qualification under regulatory aspects when transferred to other countries
- Site survey before purchase & relocation of device
Our Project Examples
- B737NG EASA Full Flight Simulator Level D – Appraisal & Technical Evaluation
- Citation CJ2 525A EASA FTD2 – Appraisal & Technical and regulatory evaluation
- 4x DA42 EASA FNPTII – Appraisal & Technical evaluation
Posted: December 13, 2016